User Profile Picture currently helps over 30,000 users select a custom profile image (avatar or gravatar) for their users. With Gutenberg support, the plugin is all the more useful for users who opt-in to Gutenberg or have upgraded to WordPress 5.0.
Gutenberg Overview Video
Please watch this 5-minute overview video detailing how User Profile Picture behaves with Gutenberg enabled or on WordPress 5.0.
The Gutenberg block is called User Profile and should show up in your Common blocks.
- Selecting an author
- Auto-filling avatar and profile information (if available)
- Customizing the avatar by allowing you to upload or select a new one
- Can customize the background color of the block
- Can customize the text color and font size of the block
- Toggle switches to show the exact data you want
- View Posts button that can be hidden or customized (background color and text color)
The Gutenberg block is loosely based and inspired by the User Profile Block in Atomic Blocks.
The plugin saves the values and properly displays the user profile on the front-end of your site.
Adding the Gutenberg block now makes User Profile Picture all the more useful.
You can download User Profile Picture from the WordPress plugin directory for free.